The following meanings shall apply in these Terms of Service: “Site” and “Website” refer to californiatrustpros.com; “You” and “your” refer to each customer, visitor or user of this Site.
We have implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You agree that if you provide your personal information, documents, and other data to us it is done so at your own risk.
Attorney Client Relationship
The attorney-client relationship is a sacred one. It is the basis of the practice of law. It requires honesty between the client and the attorney. It requires that the attorney maintain client’s absolute confidentiality (with certain very limited exceptions) and requires the attorney to act in a fiduciary capacity toward the client. In California it is regulated by the State Bar of California. It is the attorney client relationship that allows California Trust Pros to discuss the law and how it can apply to each client’s individual circumstances. It is what allows us to offer advice to a client in the preparation of that client’s estate planning documents.
Use of the Website – including transmitting information and/or documents through the Site – does not and will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and California Trust Pros or any of its attorneys. That relationship can be created only after all of the following have occurred:
(1) Your initial free consultation (video or in person) with one of our attorneys is complete;
(2) you sign a Legal Services Agreement (“LSA”) with California Trust Pros; and
(3) you pay the fee agreed upon at the initial consultation and spelled out in the LSA.
Your Client Portal
Each client is provided an individual Client Portal. You must ensure the security and integrity of your Client Portal, by providing accurate, complete, and current information. You will also be asked to provide a username and password. You are entirely responsible for the maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password. You must keep your account password secure.
Tax Advice Disclosure
California Trust Pros does not provide tax advice of any type or for any purpose. Any information regarding taxes in any communication from California Trust Pros is intended only for general education and is not to be construed or relied on as tax advice.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
We respect content owner rights and it is California Trust Pros’ policy to respond to alleged infringement notices that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”). If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible via the Site, please notify California Trust Pros’ copyright agent as set forth in the DMCA. For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the website;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit California Trust Pros to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law;
- A statement made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
The above information must be submitted to the following:
California Trust Pros
315 S. Coast Hwy 101, U258
Encinitas, CA 92024
UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY AND CIVIL PENALTIES, INCLUDING MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEY’S FEES.
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying California Trust Pros that your copyrighted material has been infringed. The preceding requirements are intended to comply with California Trust Pros’ rights and obligations under the DMCA, including 17 U.S.C. §512(c), but do not constitute legal advice. It may be advisable to contact an attorney regarding your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws.